Opinions needed!!



So this is one of my NYC street finds - it is missing the glass - presumably why it was thrown out originally . I am torn on what to do with it exactly. The room that we are using as our living room right now doesn't have any windows just doorways to other rooms that have windows so I was hoping that this piece would glam it up/ reflect light in a nice way.

But I need help because I cant make up my mind AT ALL. So please any feedback or ideas is appreciated - I have 4 options here to choose from (please forgive my photo shop silliness). The thing is I love the color of the wood but it does feel a bit dated and since it was free I am not too concerned about 'ruining' it. What do you think?


CHOICE 1 buy a new piece of glass - keep old wood color





CHOICE 2 buy a new piece of glass - paint glossy white color




CHOICE 3 buy a new piece of glass that is mirrored - keep old wood color (my least favorite of all of them)





CHOICE 4 buy a new piece of glass that is mirrored - paint wood color ( to gaudy? fresh?)